This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Add attendees to description checkbox?

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:33 PM
Can we get the option to add attendees to the description? I see you have it hardcoded for older versions, but I would like to do that with current version of outlook too.

Google limits the number of attendees you can add in a period of time.
https://support.google.com/a/answer/2905486?hl=en

I'd rather just have them listed out.
Feb 15, 2015 at 12:45 PM
Hi toddhisted,

From v1.2.4 the attendees are no longer added to the description for any version of Outlook - there was a lot of extra code to do this and it didn't capture attendees response status either. The plan is to bring in two-way sync, but again allowing attendees to be in the description will require a lot of additional code for a use case that I don't think has much demand?

Regarding the Google limits, I'm pretty sure this section has only just been added which does throw more light on the problem:
Sending too many invitations or emails to external guests

In order to prevent spamming, Google Calendar limits the number of invitations a user can send to external guests. This limit varies depending on the action, and is usually between 100-300 guests.
Google Apps users can send invitations to any number of guests from their primary domain, or from secondary domains associated with their primary domain.
Although invites aren't actually sent by my app, I guess Google thinks adding 100-300 guests equates to the same thing. So assuming a user has an average of 10 guests and they add 30 events through the sync tool, then Google will apply the cap. If this is true, then I should be able to code a workaround without too much problem...
Oct 26, 2015 at 12:05 AM
For the record, this problem was coded around (not sure which release brought this in) - if there are more than 200 recipients, it no longer tries to sync them as Google will just block it anyway.
Marked as answer by phw198 on 10/25/2015 at 4:06 PM
Dec 9, 2016 at 12:47 AM
Any chance we can get this feature back?

At least for the one way sync Outlook to Google.

In fact, even if it's ONLY for the Outlook to Google direction that would probably solve the use case for all the people that would want to use it. All of the assorted issues with Google sending out updates to others based on them being on calendar entries as actual attendees. The work around to not sync attendees solves this problem, which is all on Google's side with nothing OGCS can do to fix Google's actions. However, putting the attendees in the description would be a much better work around to see that information instead of not having it at all.

In my personal use case syncing from Outlook to Google, I would like to have all the attendees included in the description and not the actual description at all. Basically, not selecting the existing "include description" box, not selecting the existing "include attendees" box and selecting a NEW "copy attendees to description" box. Others might want the actual description too.

Company meetings frequently have information in the description I don't want exposed to Google. I don't want Google to know about the the attendees as actual people (to avoid Google sending them stuff). But, I would like to know the attendees in addition to the subject and location fields.