This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

operation failed

May 13, 2015 at 7:17 PM
Upgraded to 1.2.5.0 and now cannot sync. Continue to receive the following message:

Unable to add new entries into the Google Calendar. The following error occurred:
The operation failed.

Please help! Thanks.
Coordinator
May 13, 2015 at 10:21 PM
I believe this will be fixed in a later alpha release. Either deploy the alpha separately, or to patch your current release, copy the .exe in the zip file over your existing exe.

Let me know if you're still having problems.
May 16, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Thanks for your reply. I used the alpa 1.2.5.8 and here is what I got:

Sync started at 5/16/2015 4:51:16 PM
Syncing from 5/16/2015 to 8/15/2015
Outlook → Google
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...
94 Outlook calendar entries found.
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Google Calendar Entries...
75 Google calendar entries found.
--------------------------------------------------
0 Google calendar entries to be deleted.
27 Google calendar entries to be created.
--------------------------------------------------
Creating 27 Google calendar entries...
WARNING: Event creation failed.
The operation failed.
Done.
--------------------------------------------------
Comparing 67 existing Google calendar entries...
0 entries updated.
--------------------------------------------------
Sync finished with success!


So it looks like it created the Google entries but Google Calendar just didn't accept them. Wondering why it worked a few weeks ago and then stopped working. Thanks for all your efforts.



Coordinator
May 16, 2015 at 9:37 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by phw198 on 5/16/2015 at 2:40 PM