This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Time zones

May 26, 2015 at 8:48 AM
Hey, first of all thank you for this great tool. It makes my life a lot easier.

When I create an Appointment in outlook with different than current timezone, the timezone doesn't sync to google calendar. It sets the time based on outlook current timezone.

Would it be possible to sync timezones in the future?

Thanks,
Pavel
Coordinator
May 30, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Hi Pavel,

That's an interesting one - I'll certainly take a look at this.

Cheers,
Paul
Mar 2, 2016 at 5:35 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2016 at 5:36 AM
I'm having a similar problem. Sometimes meetings created by colleagues in another timezone (e.g. CET UTC+1) are synched to my Google calendar with an incorrect time (I'm in AEDT UTC+11), usually it's out by 1 hour so I'm guessing it's not account for daylight savings time in Australia or something.

I'm not sure where the miscalculation occurs... what information can I supply to help debug this?

Regards,

Scott
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 7:25 PM
If you raise an Issue ticket and attach your OGcalsync.log file, I'll try and take a closer look.

Note that neither Outlook nor Google actually support "CET" as it's not a timezone, but a region and has inherent ambiguity. I don't think this is your issue, but worth knowing (I did have a ticket from someone that had managed to get a CET timezone event in Google through another 3rd party tool) and OGCS failed entirely because it didn't know what to do with it!).
Coordinator
May 14 at 7:27 PM