Sync Multiple Calendars

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Hello-

Based on a previous thread (discussion #588380, dated 19 March 2014), it is my understanding that support for synchronizing multiple calendars has been added to the road map for product development. Has there been any progress made on this feature?

Just for the record: A comment from phw198 suggested trying to run multiple instances of the application. I tried this, but it looks like this does not work: I tried copying the OutlookGoogleCalendarSync directory to a second location, and I was able to run two instances, but each time you made changes to the settings in one application, they were replicated in the other. I think this is because there is only a portable version available for v2.0.6.0: despite changing the "install" directory and the application name (e.g. "OutlookGoogleCalendarSync.exe" to "OutlookGoogleCalendarSync2.exe") and running two instances, the settings in both instances still come from the same "settings.xml" file with in the %appdata%\OutlookGoogleCalendarSync directory. Having the option to install the application, as opposed to using a portable version, and selecting two different installation directories (and thereby generating two, separate settings files) might work, but I can't be sure....

Thank you,
Brett
Coordinator
Nov 10, 2015 at 10:29 PM
Hi,

There was also a more recent thread on this raised under Issue 107 (incorrectly), to which I gave the following reply:-

Multiple calendar sync is on the roadmap, but until then you could maybe try the following.
Disclaimer: I have not tested this and there may be side-effects!
  1. Download the lateset alpha ZIP release
  2. Unzip the contents to two different locations - 1 for each calendar to be synced
  3. Start the app and select "Make Portable" under options
    3.1 Configure it to sync the first calendar
    4 Repeat for the second extracted ZIP
    4.1 Configure it to sync the second calendar
It would be safest to sync to 2 separate Google calendars (i.e. 1:1 calendar mapping), but could you try syncing 2 Outlooks to 1 Google - just make sure you have the "Merge appointments" option checked.

So what you have already tried is pretty similar, but the key would be to select the "Make Portable" option in order for each instance of the program to have its own settings.xml file.

Let me know how it goes!

Paul