Duplicate Calendar Entries

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:47 AM
I am struggling with using this program with Outlook 2010. Every time I sync it creates duplicate instances of the all the events in my Outlook calendar. I am syncing one way, from Google to Outlook, my sync settings are Merge with existing entries ON, Disable Deletions and Confirm Deletions OFF. I am using version 2.1.0 of the program
This problem has only occurred recently, I am not sure if it is since I upgraded to this latest version, or if I unwittingly changed some settings, but it is becoming very frustrating!
Thanks, Ian
Feb 8, 2016 at 2:21 PM
I am also having this issue
Feb 8, 2016 at 4:29 PM
I believe I am having a slightly similar issue. I have been using sync for a long time - over a year - without issue. I sync only from Outlook -> Google to have a copy of work meetings on my personal gmail calendar. Nothing has changed with my configuration or with my google account. All of a sudden today sync ran created several new meeting IN OUTLOOK, which unfortunately emailed everyone invited to the meeting at work, which was a large number of co-workers. The sync details indicates nothing was changed in Outlook however this was clearly not the case. So either sync had something go haywire, or perhaps something changed with google such that creating a new event now emails anyone in the participant list, in turn emailing back to my work account and auto-populating into Outlook?

This happened on 3 upcoming meetings. Oddly one of them changed times by an hour and the other two were for the same time. Perhaps the original creation timezone was different on one so the duplicate on that one moved times?

PLEASE INVESTIGATE. I had to discontinue using so I don't disrupt 50 of my coworkers without knowing how or why it happened.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 10:04 PM
Issues should be posted under discussion, but an Issue ticket raised. Regarding Outlook duplicates, this should be fixed in latest alpha (currently v2.1.4).

@Kidd_funkadelic - I think you may have fallen foul of the a Google bug that sometimes email attendees - see Issue 152 for further details. There's not much that can be one with this aside from not sync attendees to Google :(
Marked as answer by phw198 on 3/7/2016 at 3:04 PM
Mar 8, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. Just installed v2.1.4, and so far, it seems to have fixed the problem. Fingers crossed!
Jan 6 at 4:54 PM
I'm seeing this behavior with the latest version (2.3.1), but only with recurring Google calendar events.

It seems to add duplicates to Outlook of the recurring Google events on every sync... most of the Google synced birthdays in my Outlook calendar have well over 1000 entries in Outlook at this point, though I've been forced to disable the sync.
Recurring events from another Google calendar that are shared to my Google calendar do not create Outlook duplicates, however... only ones created by me in my own calendar.

I haven't used previous versions of this tool and I haven't migrated from a different tool to this one.

Mail client: Outlook 2016 from an Office365 cloud hosted server on a Windows 10 machine (all updates current), with Outlook 2016 for my calendar.

Mobile client: I have a Pixel XL (running Nougat 7.1.1) and am running Nine (paid version) as my mail client for Exchange mail, and the native Gmail app for Google mail. I am using the Nine calendar (paid version) for mobile. I don't need (or want!) my email accounts combined, but having the combined calendars is helpful.

If I can provide any further details, please dont hesitate to ask!!

(since there only seemed to be this one post about this issue, I thought I would ressurect this post instead of creating a new one... I hope that was alright!)