Daily Limit Exceeded

Feb 2, 2016 at 7:01 AM
Hi,

I'm having the same issue as others did a while ago:
Reading Google Calendar Entries...
Unable to connect to the Google calendar. The following error occurred:
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]]
Operation aborted after 1 failed attempts!
Is there anything I can do?
Feb 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM
I have the same problem.
Any update?
Feb 20, 2016 at 12:30 PM
Feb 23, 2016 at 2:16 AM
I'm having the same problem on a regular basis:
Sync started at 23/02/2016 14:11:17
Syncing from 22/02/2016 to 24/04/2016
Outlook → Google
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...
23 Outlook calendar entries found.
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Google Calendar Entries...
Unable to connect to the Google calendar. The following error occurred:
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
    Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]

Operation aborted after 1 failed attempts!
Another sync has been scheduled to automatically run in 5 minutes time.
It seems to be subtly different from the one in the FAQ (dailyLimitExceeded rather than quotaExceeded). I don't have "Sync Attendees" enabled anyway.

Perhaps this application needs to be registered on the "Google Developers Console", as described here:

https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/reporting/core/v3/limits-quotas

...or something?
Feb 23, 2016 at 7:02 AM
+1 "Daily Limit Exceeded" occurs for me as well. "Sync Attendees" checkbox is disabled.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 9:25 PM
Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, we're now reaching the limit of the free daily quota that Google provides.

v2.1.3.0 brings in the concept of "subscription" which provide access to a guaranteed quota for £1/month - please upgrade to that if you're interested.
Marked as answer by phw198 on 3/7/2016 at 2:26 PM
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:36 AM
Thanks for a great app.
I have upgraded to V 2.2.0.0 and now I am getting the "Daily Limit Exceeded" error. I will happily subscribe to a guaranteed quota - but where is the menu item / button for subscription?

2016-04-08 08:28:16,426 INFO 10 OutlookGoogleCalendarSync.MainForm [0] - The following error was encountered during sync:-
2016-04-08 08:28:16,426 INFO 10 OutlookGoogleCalendarSync.MainForm [0] - Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/calendar/quotas?project=653617509806 [403]
Errors [
Message[Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/calendar/quotas?project=653617509806] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:09 AM
Edited Apr 11, 2016 at 8:56 AM
phw198 wrote:
Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, we're now reaching the limit of the free daily quota that Google provides.

v2.1.3.0 brings in the concept of "subscription" which provide access to a guaranteed quota for £1/month - please upgrade to that if you're interested.
Before switching to Outlook, I was using a similar Application to synchronize my Lotus Notes calendar: LotusNotes-Google Calendar Synchronizer
I never had to face this "daily quota limit" problem with that tool.
The users of the application simply had to create (or use) their own Google Projet account and set up a personal client id (as documented in the help file). I imagine that this allowed to be charged on their own personal quota.
Does this approach could be used for OGCS too?
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:11 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2016 at 7:23 AM
nvardi wrote:
I have upgraded to V 2.2.0.0 and now I am getting the "Daily Limit Exceeded" error. I will happily subscribe to a guaranteed quota - but where is the menu item / button for subscription?
You have to click in the yellow area, there:
Coordinator
Apr 8, 2016 at 7:15 AM
You should get a "post-it note" at the bottom of the main Sync screen with the information about the quota limit? You then just click this to subscribe.

However, I'm slightly worried Google have changed the error slightly - I've not seen it mention the project URL before! If you're not getting the post-it note message, could you raise an issue and attach your logfile?
Apr 11, 2016 at 8:53 AM
Thanks to CollRaoul and PHW for the answers. I do not remember seeing the yellow note - my error message came in a pop-up window (on Windows 7). This morning, however, syncing runs without problems. If (when) the error shows up again, I will try to find the subscription message.
Apr 14, 2016 at 5:55 AM
I think perhaps the yellow post-it only happens if the error is encountered on sync? I'm getting the error on pressing 'retrieve calendars' during setup, and there is no post-it/subscription option.
Apr 14, 2016 at 7:09 AM
Edited Apr 14, 2016 at 8:07 AM
Sorry to insist but why can't we use our own personal Google project ID (everyone which a Google Account is allowed to create one here: https://console.developers.google.com/project) to get rid if those quota problems?
Then we would use our own personal quota instead of having to share a single one between all app users.
I'm totally OK for a one time payment of a reasonable amount for getting such a customizable version of the app, but a montly subscription is not an option for me.
Apr 14, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Hey @CoolRaoul, I've been following this conversation for a while, and I agree with you.

Of course you can put your own personal Google project ID. I have done so myself, in a fork of the project. I will provide the ability to put that code in the configuration file and propose a patch to @phw198, hoping he will accept it.

But on the other hand, writing a project like this took time, and maintaining is an ongooing effort. This tool started offering unlimited/guaranteed quota for 1 pound a month. Providing the ability to use your own Google OAuth ID and secret would break this nascent commercial effort. I can understand that it is not phw198 priority.

But the line was crossed when the open source license was selected for this project. It is too late to change his mind now.

This feature will come, soon enough, from phw198 or someone else.
Apr 14, 2016 at 7:34 PM
I also support the idea of prsonal project quotas.
PHW198 is certainly entitled to our support for solving efficiently a problem that should never have been there - so donate through the link in the app!
Apr 18, 2016 at 2:46 AM
Edited Apr 18, 2016 at 2:50 AM
I just uploaded the code to allow an advance user to use its own Google OAuth client ID and secret.

https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/ixe013/OutlookGoogleCalendarSync/contribution/8788
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I haven't posted as I was in comms with Google about the quota usage and wanted to see what would come of it first. My intention has always been to support all types of users, regardless of their technical abilities - and I can guarantee you there would have been those that were more than happy to pay £1/month to save having to obtain their own API key from Google and figure out how to plug it in to OGCS. Some users don't even know if they have used the ClickOnce installer or unzipped the app, so you get my drift :-)

However, Google have now agreed to up the quota (which has now been in effect for most of the last week), so this should make the problem go away at least for a while! I appreciate for those more technically inclined, it's a frustration to not be able to use your own key - thanks to @ixe013 for submitting the above solution...I'll try and take a look when I get a moment.

Thanks @nvardi for your support - this project has become something rather larger than expected and is now a huge time sink for me! Donations are always most welcome :-)
Sep 27, 2016 at 6:05 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2016 at 6:07 AM
phw198 wrote:
However, Google have now agreed to up the quota (which has now been in effect for most of the last week), so this should make the problem go away at least for a while! I appreciate for those more technically inclined, it's a frustration to not be able to use your own key - thanks to @ixe013 for submitting the above solution...I'll try and take a look when I get a moment.
Just started again today :-<

Since its a "daily" limit, I guess I'll not be able do sync until tomorrow.
Oct 14, 2016 at 6:15 AM
i havent ever experienced this sync issue until today 10/13. been using this app for several months now. recently upgraded 2.3.0.0 beta but i doubt that's has any weight on this issue.

i have my sync time set to 10mins.
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2016 at 2:23 PM
@antixian - syncing every 10 mins would seem a bit excessive? If you're also syncing a large date range, then this will likely consume a disproportionate amount of the API quota used by everyone else.

The ability to use your own API keys has now been incorporated into the app from v2.3.1.0 - thanks ixe013.
Oct 20, 2016 at 6:17 AM
Edited Oct 20, 2016 at 6:51 AM
I have paid for a personal quota, but after reinstalling OGCS (upgrade to 2.3.1.0) I get the "Google's free daily Calendar quota has been exhausted!" error again.
I suspect that the common quota is used.
Do I need any additional setup steps?
The log is at these links:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oxl3w4fmgxog1g/ogcs.log?dl=0
https://docs.google.com/a/vardi.dk/document/d/1JLG8D-34C4OSw7yJV7jzKZv8giTuntW-OgtuUw_8VGI/edit?usp=sharing
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2016 at 6:44 AM
@nvardi - How did you upgrade? If you somehow reset the settings.xml file, or are using v2.3.1 in portable mode, then you would be back to the default quota. However, it should then redetect you subscribed and walk you through the Google authorisation process again.
Oct 20, 2016 at 7:20 AM
I downloaded the portable release.
I removed the account, and it ran me through the account selection process.
Can I change the settings manually, in settings.xml, or should I try to reinstall?