Outlook -> Google only sync suddenly created dups in Outlook = BAD

Feb 8, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Something appears to have changed causing one way sync from Outlook to Google to create duplicate events in Outlook, emailing all invited co-workers in the process!

I have been using sync for a long time - over a year - without issue. I sync only from Outlook -> Google to have a copy of work meetings on my personal gmail calendar. Nothing has changed with my configuration or with my google account. All of a sudden today sync ran created several new meeting IN OUTLOOK, which unfortunately emailed everyone invited to the meeting at work, which was a large number of co-workers. The sync details indicates nothing was changed in Outlook however this was clearly not the case. So either sync had something go haywire, or perhaps something changed with google such that creating a new event now emails anyone in the participant list, in turn emailing back to my work account and auto-populating into Outlook?

This happened on 3 upcoming meetings. Oddly one of them changed times by an hour and the other two were for the same time. Perhaps the original creation timezone was different on one so the duplicate on that one moved times?

PLEASE INVESTIGATE. I had to discontinue using so I don't disrupt 50 of my coworkers without knowing how or why it happened.
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM
As per my response in the other thread, this is a Google server-side bug that for no known reason sometimes spams event attendees! See Issue 152 for details link to Google forum which reported this back in 2010 for Google's own original sync app.

The workaround is to not sync attendees to Google.