Option to ignore errors for a number of times

Jun 17, 2016 at 8:52 AM
It always happens, that errors occur when we sync.
Wouldn’t it be nice, just to set an retry count of x Retries before an error message will pop up.

This messages pop up for me, because the internet connection just drops. Or my laptop is just out of the WLAN zone. Or when the computer hibernates. Also sometimes Google denies my connect and refuses a sync.

I know the problem, but it doesn’t scares me ;) So can we ignore it for x-Syncs and when we still have problems, show a message. ;)
Jul 6, 2016 at 2:27 PM
Agreed, this would be fantastic. I run OGCS on a machine that I don't typically sign into very often. I get the occasional 'unexpected error' 500 response from Google, which pops up a notification and prevents any future syncs from happening until I dismiss the dialog. That usually happens when I notice that the calendar on my phone (Google) isn't up to date with a change I know about. The message in the sync log says that "another sync has been scheduled for 5 minutes from now", but that next sync doesn't happen automatically.

Honestly, I would consider it a useful enhancement to simply be able to disable error message popups and instead rely upon log checking. The ability to suppress for X instances would be icing on the cake!