MAC version or alternative?

Sep 1, 2016 at 8:20 PM
Please don't kill me for asking this, but I'm looking on behalf of my school principal here in our office; we have our exchange accounts for Outlook on our PCs but she mainly uses her iCal on her Mac. She'd like to switch over to google calendar but for the rest of the office staff which is still on PC and primarily using Outlook calendar, she'd like to be able to sync with us. Does anyone know if that is at all possible? Of course I'd have to have her port her iCal to google Calendar and then move forward unless someone knows of any other alternative? Thank you, and sorry for the multiple questions.
Sep 4, 2016 at 9:47 PM
You can directly sync the Mac iCal with Google calendar. I use it and it works perfectly. Just set up a Google account in iCal and select mail, contacts and calendar. If she did that Google would be the common calendar used by both the Mac iCal and the other PC Outlook calendars.

That said, I'd still like to see a Mac version because I have Outlook on the Mac as well as the PC and would like a common experience on both. Outlook 2011 had a way to sync to iCal which woud in turn sync to Google. The current 2016 of Outlook for Mac no longer allows this.