This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

What will trigger Sending out emails to attendee when deleting a event?

Feb 24 at 2:43 AM
So im basically only trying to merge my outlook calendar to my google account just so Google Home can tell me my agenda for the day... only reason!

I plan on disabling the outlook calendar from showing up on my Phone/Ipad so there isnt a duplicate entry of events for those outlook events that are syncing over to my google account.

With that, I want to keep the attendee so if i ever needed to know whos attending, I can quickly pull it up on my phone/ipad. I created a meeting event on outlook and invitedmy 2ndary google email only to test it out. Keep in mind the main google account wasnt invited and was just getting the event synced to it via outlook.

Well I cancelled the event that was on the main google account calendar and it ended up sending cancellation emails to both participants (outlook email and 2ndary email) even though the main google account wasnt part of the event.

What exactly is triggering the cancellation emails even from the google account that wasnt even invited?
Feb 27 at 12:11 AM
How did you delete the Google event? Through Google Home or the mobile app? I know the latter will trigger notification emails with no option to stop it(!) - perhaps Google Home is the same?
Feb 27 at 2:09 PM
With more and more questions and concerns around how Google treats actual attendees, it would be nice to have Outlook attendees added to the Notes on the Google Calendar (as an option) instead of simply not including them at all. Obviously not as nice an integration as actual attendees, but also avoids all the complications that integration creates. Right now, the only option is to not sync attendees at all, which is no integration and no information, the worst of both.

At least for one way Outlook to Google Sync.
Apr 1 at 11:13 PM
That is how a very early version of this tool worked. The code was pretty horrid, but I could maybe dig it out and see if it's worth bringing it back as an additional feature....
Apr 2 at 1:35 AM
Something with a very limited scenario should be easier. The big use case is for one way sync from outlook to google where it's very undesirable to sync attendees as actual attendees.

If the option is on, tack all the attendees onto the end of the description in alphabetic order before comparing. That way any change is picked up and the specific sort order means it's not subject to random updates because Outlook decides to return the list differently.

First time it's on, every entry would get an update. Or if turned off.
May 14 at 8:12 PM
Edited May 14 at 9:10 PM