This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

v2.4 Crashes on launch. GitHub HTTP 503.


I just tried downloading/installing the 2.4 version. I get the splash screen and then the application crashes. The "Problem signature" info is as follows:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: OutlookGoogleCalendarSync.exe
Problem Signature 02:
Problem Signature 03: 590e368d
Problem Signature 04: OutlookGoogleCalendarSync
Problem Signature 05:
Problem Signature 06: 590e368d
Problem Signature 07: 3e0
Problem Signature 08: 638
Problem Signature 09: System.NullReferenceException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

file attachments


LHuisingh wrote May 8, 2017 at 4:11 PM

This error happened when the ClickOnce installer was trying to run. I wound up using the Zip file and creating a folder for the files. That I can run successfully.

phw198 wrote May 8, 2017 at 10:46 PM

Are you running 64-bit Outlook? If so, the ZIP version is 64-bit compatible but the installer version isn't (this should be resolved on the next release once it's moved off CodePlex...

LHuisingh wrote May 8, 2017 at 11:25 PM

I am running Outlook 2013 32-bit. Once you move off of CodePlex how do we find it again?

phw198 wrote May 9, 2017 at 9:43 PM

Do you still have the OGcalsync.log file for the time period when you were running the ClickOnce installer and it crashed? If so, would be helpful if you could post it so I can see what might have been happening.

The plan is for the move off CodePlex to be pretty seamless - v2.4 has all the code in it ready to migrate to GitHub, and the next Beta release will move people across.

LHuisingh wrote May 9, 2017 at 10:31 PM

See attached log file.

phw198 wrote May 9, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Hmm, looks like it was getting an HTTP error 503 when checking GitHub for an update (which won't exist yet, but normally this just results in "The request was aborted: The connection was closed unexpectedly." and doesn't cause a problem).

Using the ZIP as you have done is probably the best solution for now!

phw198 wrote May 16, 2017 at 11:41 PM