This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Synchronization Failed - Termporary Issue

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:34 PM
For about half an hour, I was getting "The synchronization failed. Do you want to try again?" every time the sync fires off. I've been using the tool for about a month now without issue. The output on the Sync tab shows this:
Sync started at 3/5/2015 10:20:36 AM
Syncing from 3/4/2015 to 5/5/2015
Outlook ====> Google
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...
35 Outlook calendar entries found.
--------------------------------------------------
Reading Google Calendar Entries...
Unable to connect to the Google calendar. The following error occurred:
Error occurred while sending a direct message or getting the response.
--------------------------------------------------
Operation aborted after 1 failed attempts!
I don't know where to find the OGcalsync.log. I did a search of my whole C: drive and came up empty. The application appears to be installed in a sub-folder deep within my _%USERNAME%\AppData\Local_ folder, but there's no .log files there.

While I was typing this up, it seems to have resolved the issue. Perhaps it was just a network glitch or something, but I figured I'd post it just in case there was actually something going on with the application.
Coordinator
Mar 5, 2015 at 11:33 PM
Hi Dom,

This happened to me as well at about the same time, so I think it must have been a problem on Google's side.

Thanks for reporting it though :-)
Marked as answer by phw198 on 4/15/2015 at 2:43 PM