This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Portable Settings

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:17 PM
This application works wonderfully, but I noticed that in the latest version the settings and logs are saved to the Roaming directory. In previous versions these were saved to the application directory. This worked great for me because I'm running the program from a flash drive. Could we have the option to have everything saved to the application directory like it was previously?
May 30, 2015 at 1:33 AM
As you wish :)

In the latest Beta, v1.2.6, you'll see an option under application settings for "Make application portable" - this will move your settings and logs back to the executable directory.
Marked as answer by phw198 on 5/29/2015 at 5:33 PM
Mar 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM
I just wanted to follow up nearly a year after your response. I've been using this program portably and everything has been working great. I'm not sure if you've ever used portable programs, but there is a great repository of programs at PortableApps.com. Not only do they portabilize many programs, but they have created standards for portable programs so that they can be upgraded, the settings can be backed up, and nothing is left on the host computer.

The reason I bring this up is because I have created a PortableApps version of your program that I've been using personally. You can either host the portable versions on PortableApps.com or have them link to your website for the download. I think others might find this useful and I'd like to share it with the community. There are a couple options for doing that:
  1. Work with PortableApps.com to make it an official app that is advertised on their site which can help to drive traffic to your site. If you would like to pursue this but don't have the time, I'd be willing to take the lead on that.; or
  2. I or you can create a new portable version for every release that you can host here as another download link.
If you don't want to bother with any of this I can just keep it to myself. No matter what you decide, I'd at least like to share what I've done with you so you can see the benefits of using a PortableApps version of your wonderful program. Let me know how you would like me to send you the file.