This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Invalid attendee email. [400]

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:22 PM
I'm getting "Invalid attendee email. [400]" for some calendar entries. It asks me to "manually resolved in order to sync". How do I do that?

Full error message:
24-11-2015 09:30 => "Canceled: Subject Team5 - IR"
ERROR: Recipient with email address "FirstnameLastname(2002)@unknownemail.com" is invalid.
This must be manually resolved in order to sync attendees for this event.
WARNING: New event failed to save.
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Invalid attendee email. [400]
Errors [
    Message[Invalid attendee email.] Location[ - ] Reason[invalid] Domain[global]
]
Yes, the actual reported email address ends with "unknownemail.com"...
Apr 7, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Getting the same error on a specific event
What is the best method to "manually resolve" this? (nb I'm not the creator of the meeting, just attendee)
Apr 7, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Since I have only few contacts with this problem, I've tried to fix it by using the "word obfuscation" option to replace badly formatted addresses with correct ones.
Unfortunately I'm still getting error "Recipient with email address "<bad address here>" is invalid."
Obfuscation rules don't apply to recipients?
Apr 7, 2016 at 7:27 PM
OGCS makes up it's own email address for recipients when it can't find one in the Outlook appointment - of the form "display_name@unknownemail.com". @tobbelundberg: it looks like the appointment is cancelled anyway, so if you accept that Outlook will delete it anyway, so there'll be nothing to sync.

@coolraoul: What version are you on? What's the email address it's actually complaining about? You'll need to turn up logging to "Ultra Fine" for email addresses to be captured in v2.2. And yes, obfuscation is only for the appointment subject.
Apr 8, 2016 at 6:57 AM
Edited Apr 8, 2016 at 7:15 AM
phw198 wrote:
@coolraoul: What version are you on? What's the email address it's actually complaining about? You'll need to turn up logging to "Ultra Fine" for email addresses to be captured in v2.2. And yes, obfuscation is only for the appointment subject.
Unfortunately I'm unable to make this test right now, I'm getting the following error
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
    Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]

Operation aborted after 1 failed attempts!
That's strange since it's the first sync I'm doing today, how can a "daily" limit can already have been reached?

EDIT

Ok, understood what's going on here: I'm getting this error when checking the "sync attendees" option to perform the test. That's in the FAQ:
https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=FAQs%20%2f%20Known%20Issues&referringTitle=Documentation#usagelimits
(sorry I'm new here, just started using this app yesterday)
So I'm unable to perform the sync test for the moment but I can give some details:
my company is in the middle of a Notes/Domino -> Outlook/Exchange migration and there still are some glitches remaining in the calendars conversion process. In rare cases (like the one I'm facing) some attendees emails are still using the Lotus Domino internal format which is not accepted by Google Agenda API.

I had found another usable workaround:
  • disable "sync attendees" option
  • do a full sync
  • renable "sync attendees" option
remaining sync are working OK since the failed event is now assumed in sync
May 14 at 8:36 PM