This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Test IE Internet Access

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:48 PM
Been having this window pop up pretty much daily ever since I installed OGCS. The window says "Please ensure you can access the internet with Internet Explorer. Test it now? If successful, please retry synchronizing your calendar."

If I click yes, it just simply opens an IE window. If I click no, it says "Synchronization failed. Try again?" to which I usually click yes, then everything seems fine. This pop up is kind of a nuisance, anyone else had this, and maybe have a way to stop it?
Jan 14, 2016 at 12:35 PM
I have been getting the same message for almost a week now, it is really annoying. Is there any way to stop it for good?
Jan 28, 2016 at 9:24 PM
I get the same pop up (and I confirm that IE has access) and the result is a failed sync. This is my log:
Sync started at 1/28/2016 2:12:34 PM
Syncing from 1/12/2016 to 1/26/2017

Outlook → Google

Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...

72 Outlook calendar entries found.

Reading Google Calendar Entries...
Unable to connect to the Google calendar. The following error occurred:
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]

Reading Outlook Calendar Entries...

72 Outlook calendar entries found.

Reading Google Calendar Entries...
Unable to connect to the Google calendar. The following error occurred:
Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError
Daily Limit Exceeded [403]
Errors [
Message[Daily Limit Exceeded] Location[ - ] Reason[dailyLimitExceeded] Domain[usageLimits]
]

Operation aborted after 2 failed attempts!

A quick search shows similar applications getting this error when they've hit their daily limit for google (often of 1 million) like here:
http://www.vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1775
or here
http://sourceforge.net/p/googlesyncmod/bugs/750/
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 10:06 PM
Please upgrade to at least v2.1.3 which handles the daily limit properly - and also provides a subscription option to get guaranteed quota for £1/month.
Marked as answer by phw198 on 3/7/2016 at 3:06 PM