This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Suggestion: Unattended execution mode

Feb 19, 2016 at 6:28 PM
I love the app and it's been working well for the most part. However, as others have noted, there are some annoying cases ("Check IE internet access" is one, "daily API limit exceeded" is another) where the app pops up a confirmation dialog and sits there waiting for input from the user. I often leave this running on my work computer while I am away from my desk or even away from the office and it is rather annoying to learn after a day goes by that Outlook appointments have not been sync'ing to my Google calendar because the app was doing nothing and just sitting waiting for input.

An "unattended execution" mode which allowed such failure events to be silently ignored and the next scheduled sync to be tried again without requiring manual intervention would make this very useful. Any thoughts on this or other ways that one could work around the occasional error messages that stop the app in its tracks?
Mar 4, 2016 at 3:21 AM
This is something I'm also looking for, as well as multi outlook account sync
Coordinator
Mar 7, 2016 at 7:18 PM
Points duly noted. For the daily API limit, we're bringing in a subscription model in order to guarantee API quota for a given user - this is available from v2.1.3 if you're interested.

I'm not sure a "unattended execution" mode would be quite right for other issues though - the point is they likely require user intervention to fix, so just keep syncing won't help the problem of realising a day later that nothing's been happening. It might be simplest to force a notification bubble in the task tray whenever a dialogue box pops up...?

@gd81 - multi account sync, or multi calendar sync (within the same account)? The latter is on the roadmap...
Mar 9, 2016 at 11:51 PM
Could it be possible to alert user/admin via other means such as email etc.

Therefore for non critical notifications email and continue/try again. such if internet temporarily not available, retry.
Coordinator
May 14 at 7:30 PM