This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Google to Outlook Moves Outlook Repeating Meetings

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM
I have 2 repeating meetings in Outlook:
  1. Weekly team scrum on Mondays at 10AM
  2. Bi-Weekly group meeting every other Wednesday at 12PM
If I sync from Outlook to Google, it works fine. The meetings are added no problem.

If I sync from Google to Outlook, it moves both meetings to Tuesdays, but only in Outlook. The meetings are correct in Google. That is, Google always thinks they're Monday & Wednesday (respectively), but Outlook thinks they're both on Tuesdays. Successive syncs do not change this.

It only does this to these 2 meetings. Others are fine, even other recurring. It's just these 2...

What's going on here? It's a terrible problem. Can this be fixed?
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:27 PM
Are you running the latest alpha release?
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:29 PM
I'm running Version 2.1.0.0. It says I'm using the latest version. I don't think I'm on an alpha release..?
Mar 29, 2016 at 4:46 PM
Please try v2.1.4.0 at https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/releases/view/619291.

It'll probably be simplest to delete the problematic synced events from Outlook, so they are recreated from Google. Let me know if the problem remains or not.

Thanks
Mar 29, 2016 at 5:31 PM
  1. How do I remove/replace the version I've already installed. It was an installer, this one is a zip. I can't seem to find where to replace the files... I looked in Program Files and Program Files x86. The start menu entry looks like a shortcut but it's a 'ClickOnce applications reference' ...? A little help here?
  2. That answer doesn't resolve the problem because the meetings were initiated in Outlook. I get an invite, I accept, it goes on my calendar for Monday. I sync. It's moved to Tuesday. I don't want to have to deleted the "real" Outlook appointment and sync it BACK from Google. Also - that's the problem. Syncing from Google moves it. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Mar 29, 2016 at 11:58 PM
  1. Yes, ClickOnce installs are actually pretty horrible :( See https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Reporting%20Problems&referringTitle=Documentation#troubleshoot for details on where the installed exe actually gets installed. You could then either rename that exe and then copy in the exe from the alpha zip file; or just extract the ZIP to an entirely different directory (eg under c:\OGCS) and run from there as a separate deployment.
  2. In that case, you'll likely have to do a "dummy" update to the Google event. Basically, calendar items will only sync if they are newer in the source than the destination. If it's already synced it won't sync again until there is a change.
Thanks
May 14 at 8:31 PM