This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Unwanted birthdays from Google Account

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:57 PM
I just installed OGCS as I wanted to sync my calendars across platforms. It is synced from Outlook 2010 on Windows 10 to my only Google Account for the first time and all has seemed to work well except for one thing.

In past times I had helped my now ex-wife by logging into her Google account on my Win10 PC to log into her Outlook.com web mail (I think). This Google account came up in the list of install options of OGCS but was not selected as the sync account before first sync. When I look on my Android pad and phone, I have her appointments (only recurring birthdays as she doesn't have an Android phone now), as well as my own. Why is this?

It's the first time I've used Google Calendar on the pad and phone so it may have come from elsewhere, but it does seem suspicious. I can use the Google Calendar 3 bars Options menu to turn off the view of her account, but why did it get there at all?

Any thoughts, anyone?
Coordinator
Jul 19, 2016 at 5:04 PM
Sounds suspiciously like somewhere along the way, her contacts got imported into your account, and Outlook has created birthday appointments for all your (and her) contacts. See https://outlookgooglecalendarsync.codeplex.com/discussions/655513 for a user that reported this.
Jul 19, 2016 at 6:20 PM
Looking a bit more, the other Google account was never part of Outlook 2010 for any purpose, so I must have added a share to her calendar directly in Google Calendar many years ago. As I said, it can easily be turned off in Android, though I can't find a way to permanently remove which is worrying. Is she sharing my calendar too??
Jul 19, 2016 at 6:26 PM
Sorted!! Using calendar.google.com in a browser it is possible to remove unwanted shared calendars permanently....
Marked as answer by phw198 on 8/11/2016 at 8:18 AM