This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.
2

Closed

Event start/end time not updating inline with daylight savings

description

Hi, I have a number of calendar events in created in AEDST (in Australia), whereas I live in AWST and dont observe daylight savings. I also sync outlook -> google.

It appears that events created in Google all use my local timezone (AWST) which works fine for new events (as Outlook has already done the conversion) but old events remain as is and therefore are 1 hour out of sync.

I've tried using "dd/MM/yyyy hh:mm tt K" as a regional time format (note the "K") but it didn't work.

Syncing completes normally with no errors - it appears to ignore the differences in start/end times between Outlook and Google.

I'm using OGCS 2.2.0.0 and Outlook 2013 64bit.

Thanks

file attachments

Closed Aug 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM by phw198
No worries - wiki updated with your findings.

comments

coaxism wrote May 10, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Update: v2.2.1.0 and the "Shift-click Sync" option does not correct this behaviour

Thanks

mvaidya_n wrote Jun 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM

Similar issue I have is, I have some appointments made in ET zone and I access them in IST. One has daytime saving other hasn't. Google calendar app with exchange account used to work correctly with these settings. But outlookgooglecalender sync doesn't take in account daylight saving.

phw198 wrote Jun 14, 2016 at 5:16 PM

@coaxism - Please could you try the attached hotfix v2.2.2.4. It will only work (if at all!) for creating new Google events. So you'll need to delete one of the problematic Google events and let OGCS recreate it.

Let me know if it works and I can code a proper solution for updates etc too.

NB: The hotfix needs to overwrite your existing exe file (see Documentation > Troubleshooting wiki page for details).

coaxism wrote Jun 15, 2016 at 5:12 AM

Hi @phw198 - I've removed some events and re-synced - OGCS did recreate it, but with the same (incorrect) start/end times.

I've attached the log for it if that helps.

Thanks

phw198 wrote Jun 15, 2016 at 7:49 AM

Ah right, the fix I made was for single events but it looks like you tested with recurring appointments which should have been syncing the timezone anyway. Can you confirm the Google event is showing the right timezone if you click in to the details for it? Also, just to make sure, what is the timezone of the Google calendar too?

phw198 wrote Jun 15, 2016 at 9:13 AM

Also, is there any difference between appointments you create in Outlook (in the other timezone, AEDST), as opposed to ones created by someones in that timezone and you have been invited?

Could you bump the logging level up to "Fine" and then test:-
1) Create a new single event yourself in AEDST
2) Create a recurring event yourself in AEDST
3) Sync a single event created by someone else in AEDST
4) Sync a recurring event created by someones else in AEDST

For all of these, make sure the event doesn't exist in Google, so OGCS recreates them.

Thanks!

coaxism wrote Jun 22, 2016 at 9:05 AM

Hi phw198

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've done steps 1 & 2 - almost all other events in the calendar are in AEDST already. I've also bumped up the logging to Fine, and set it to sync to a brand new (empty) calendar in Google.

The events that wasn't syncing correctly are still now (i.e. no change) - however i noticed that the event in Outlook itself had both the AEDST timezone for the event, as well as the WST timezone for the recurrence was "mismatched" and might be impacting OGCS.

Thanks

coaxism wrote Jun 22, 2016 at 9:06 AM

adding Outlook screenshot

coaxism wrote Jun 22, 2016 at 9:35 AM

UPDATE: After reading https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931667 (even though it doesnt apply to Outlook 2013) and manually fixing up the recurrences, it looks like the events are now corrected.

Sorry phw198, I may have wasted your time :S